Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oh Baby!







Obviously, I am not a good blogger! A lot has happened since I last visited here. I now have a one month old, precious baby boy. He was born on June 7th, weighing a whopping 9 lbs 8 oz. He came one week after my due date. I was so miserable! I started having my contractions around 4:30 that morning but held out til about 3 pm before I couldn't take it anymore and headed to the hospital. At 10:22 pm after about 2 min (or less really) of pushing, he came into this world. He has been the best baby. He sleeps through the night most nights and has made life with a newborn seem like a cake walk. I remember the mixed emotions I had when I found out I was pregnant, and now can't imagine life without him already. He is a beautiful, content, sweet baby boy and I adore him. The kids have adjusted to their baby brother suprisingly well. I thought there would be a period of craziness bringing home Grant, but they act as if he's always been here. They are the best kids and I love them all soo much. God has blessed me tremendously!

Reagan, Jackson and Kennedy all have had birthdays in the past few weeks. The twins turned four. We had a nice party at Nana and Poppy's house. Kennedy had her princess cake and Jackson had a racecar cake. The family was all here and also Carson, Erica, Dennis, Gina and Anna. Reagan's party was here at our house. She had a pink and zebra print party theme. Nana made cupcakes and Poppy made jambalaya. The family and Erica and CArson all came over and the kids had a great time doing sack races and playing musical chairs with shaving cream. It was a nice evening. She turned 7. Hard to believe my babies are growing up so quickly.

The three oldest are all going to school in the fall. Reagan will be entering the 2nd grade and the twins will start preschool, all at First Baptist Christian School. The twins are looking forward to starting school, I just hope that the enthusiasm continues when I take them to school on the first day...ha! Somehow, I don't think it will, but they may suprise me. If you're reading this, please say a lot of prayers Aug. 17th for the twins...and ME!

Well, I hear a baby calling so I must run! I will hopefully be better about blogging here but I doubt it...lol.

'til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment